Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Front Lip For The Crossfire...

Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...

Think I'll see how close this fits.. worst case I cut it down for the Miata.. For 5 bucks.. I can skip the trip to McDonalds.

99-00 Honda Civic EK Type R CTR Front Bumper PU Lip EK9 | eBay

Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap. How can they sell this for so cheep? Let us know MrMiata how this fits. If it doesn't work out, It's no big loss!

Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by turbomar
Holy crap. How can they sell this for so cheep? Let us know MrMiata how this fits. If it doesn't work out, It's no big loss!
That was my thoughts exactly. I really like the ones with the brake ducts.. but I guess all projects have a starting point, and this will let me know if the fit for that year matches up to our nose close enough to turn around and invest 50 bucks into. The original OP on this thread cut off an inch on the corners, and the body line around the front doesn't exactly line up. So I'm guessing he found something close and posted "new front lip".
As they say on here.. just my .02 worth. I've seen quite a few for the honda and doing a page to page review between the pics and the ebay shot, well I'm pretty sure I've got it narrowed down to which he picked..at about 60 bucks.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Think I'll see how close this fits.. worst case I cut it down for the Miata.. For 5 bucks.. I can skip the trip to McDonalds.

How interesting! When I clicked on my email receipt link from pay pal to the auction, it now shows 2 left... @ $40.. must have just been a weekend special.. LOL

Waite and see what pans out now I'm guessing.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM

You lucky dude. Make sure to let us know what you were able to do with it

Old 01-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by turbomar
You lucky dude. Make sure to let us know what you were able to do with it
It's not in hand yet.. lol. But with the seller having 3900 in feedback, and a 99%, I have a feeling he'll cut his loss and ship if that was really just a mistake when listed. I'll be back in here with the results when I get my hands on it and the weekend hits.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 PM

And shortly after I post the above..

Good news mrmiata,

Your order has been shipped!

Please LOG INTO to you eBay account and go under the "WON ITEMS" section.
You will be able to obtain the order tracking information there.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to burst your bubble, but it will not fit. the crossfire bumper comes to a point in the front.the civic front lip is rounded all the way. i know this because i have been there and done that. it did not fit, so i sold it to my friend who had a civic.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by xxx_fire
sorry to burst your bubble, but it will not fit. the crossfire bumper comes to a point in the front.the civic front lip is rounded all the way. i know this because i have been there and done that. it did not fit, so i sold it to my friend who had a civic.
Well for 5 bucks shipped.. I can afford to use it as a fire place starter

Figured I might have to snip a "V" at the lower center area..maybe cut the ends off and use an industrial type adhesive to overlap and flush fit back into the fender well to attach a "semi" hidden fasterner. Possibly foam back the nose area..but it's almost free to play with. And my findings will be "free" back to the forum since it's proprietary info and profit to some. Oh..and the Miata nose is rounded to.. so I see a win - win situation here.
But thanks for the feedback...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 PM

i will be making a youtube video to show how snugg the front lip i have fits.i will post the link here.it isbmade of poly urethane, not cheap abs plastic which cracks and brakes always. i still have mine for sale, only$149.99 good luck "searching" ; )

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 AM

Well for 5 bucks shipped.. I can afford to use it as a fire place starter

Figured I might have to snip a "V" at the lower center area..maybe cut the ends off and use an industrial type adhesive to overlap and flush fit back into the fender well to attach a "semi" hidden fasterner. Possibly foam back the nose area..but it's almost free to play with. And my findings will be "free" back to the forum since it's proprietary info and profit to some. Oh..and the Miata nose is rounded to.. so I see a win - win situation here.
But thanks for the feedback...
This stuf is super flexible, you could use a propane torch to soften and form the point

Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 AM

i will be making a youtube video to show how snugg the front lip i have fits.i will post the link here.it isbmade of poly urethane, not cheap abs plastic which cracks and brakes always. i still have mine for sale, only$149.99 good luck "searching" ; )
Poly urethane you say? What a coincidence!

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition
Part Brand: Bumper Chin Lip SpoilerPlacement on Vehicle: Lower, Front, RearManufacturer Part Number: Poly Urethane PUSurface Finish: Matte BlackInterchange Part Number: DTSMaterial: Flexible PolyurethaneStyle: JDM, DTM, USDM, OEMFIT ON:: Factory Stock BumperOther Part Number: Mugen Spoon Type-R

Old 01-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Lightbulb Re: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...

Poly urethane you say? What a coincidence!

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition
Part Brand: Bumper Chin Lip SpoilerPlacement on Vehicle: Lower, Front, RearManufacturer Part Number: Poly Urethane PUSurface Finish: Matte BlackInterchange Part Number: DTSMaterial: Flexible PolyurethaneStyle: JDM, DTM, USDM, OEMFIT ON:: Factory Stock BumperOther Part Number: Mugen Spoon Type-R

i never said your $40 lip was abs plastic.im glad you found a honda civic lip that you will make major mods tofit your miata or crossfire.you get what you pay for.. i want to see pics of your finished project.it ahould be a sight to see

Old 01-24-2012, 06:13 AM

i never said your $40 lip was abs plastic.im glad you found a honda civic lip that you will make major mods tofit your miata or crossfire.you get what you pay for.. i want to see pics of your finished project.it ahould be a sight to see
I have a feeling it will "fit like a glove".. and guess you missed the part where I paid $5.19 delivered.. weekend "we love ya man" special..

I would like to say "I created it".. but that line gets overused here.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/technical-modifications/50359-brand-new-front-lip-xfire.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...re-berris.jpeg

Heres you a picture of how it will look..Characters portrayed were changed to protect the innocent..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 01-24-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM

so to try and answer everyone...if enough people are interested i can have more made,and start selling them.it is made out of poly urathane,no heat gun needed.just 4 screws that you screw the lip into the bumper where the front tire is.i will have pics up soon.i had this piece made especially for my 2004 crossfire,so for right now thats the only year that i know it will fit perfectly.
Ever see the movie "How to lose a guy in 10 days" with Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey?
When they were at the parents house playing cards... What was the name of that dang card game??? Seems like it was BULL$HIT if I recall correctly..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-xfirelip.jpg

Message - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

Pop these up in two tabs..click back and forth...and watch it dance back and forth.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Lightbulb Re: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...

I have a feeling it will "fit like a glove".. and guess you missed the part where I paid $5.19 delivered.. weekend "we love ya man" special..

I would like to say "I created it".. but that line gets overused here.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/technical-modifications/50359-brand-new-front-lip-xfire.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...re-berris.jpeg

Heres you a picture of how it will look..Characters portrayed were changed to protect the innocent..

like i said been there done that, that pic is my pic and thats another lip. i tried many lips to fit and none did.i am glad i inspired you to try and steal my ideas, but all those ideas did not work.have fun cutting and bendingbyour new lip with a blow torch. it will never look as good as thr lip that i have.(still for sale). maybe next time you should go and start your own little thread instead of leeching off mine. SRT FRONT BUMPER $600 ....XXX_FIRE FRONT LIP $149.99.. MRMIATA FRONT LIP $5 PRICELESS... TALK IS CHEAP POST UP SOME PICS, THEN YOU CAN BRAG ABOUT STEALING MY IDEAS. GOOD LUCK KID

Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM

NEWS FLASH.. Your not some genius that has "created" (using your words) a "new front lip" as you claim. If you did create one.. then you should contact me for a tape measure so you wouldn't have to cut an inch off each side and throw a sheetrock screw through it to hold it on. Over six months now you've been trying to pawn yours off.. tell you something? "phat lip" thread has a much cleaner looking spoiler and cheaper if you didn't notice. That lip your trying to pawn off is an 80 dollar item all day long and it just kinda pisses me off someone would come on here.. take all the FREE money saving fixes and turn around and try and fleece the members.
So if "hijacking" your thread saves a member a mistake.. well call me guilty, build you a bridge, and get over it.

When I get my rear diffusers developed.. (cheap abs plastic and fiberglass).. I'll gladly sell you a pair for a bargain price of $350.00, Deal? And no not some chopped down Subaru piece that you have to trim 8" from and put 10 screws in. And these actually will be "created by me".. not some bogus claim to fame.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM

NEWS FLASH.. Your not some genius that has "created" (using your words) a "new front lip" as you claim. If you did create one.. then you should contact me for a tape measure so you wouldn't have to cut an inch off each side and throw a sheetrock screw through it to hold it on. Over six months now you've been trying to pawn yours off.. tell you something? "phat lip" thread has a much cleaner looking spoiler and cheaper if you didn't notice. That lip your trying to pawn off is an 80 dollar item all day long and it just kinda pisses me off someone would come on here.. take all the FREE money saving fixes and turn around and try and fleece the members.
So if "hijacking" your thread saves a member a mistake.. well call me guilty, build you a bridge, and get over it.

When I get my rear diffusers developed.. (cheap abs plastic and fiberglass).. I'll gladly sell you a pair for a bargain price of $350.00, Deal? And no not some chopped down Subaru piece that you have to trim 8" from and put 10 screws in. And these actually will be "created by me".. not some bogus claim to fame.
Dang, you took the words right out of my mouth........well, all except the last part about the diffusers...I really hate it when somebody pisses on my leg and tells me it's raining...

Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Thumbs down Re: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...

the lip i created resembles all those cheap ebay lips. if its so easy to do then why is my crossfire the only one with a lip out of the thousands of crossfire out there. you should be getting your $5 lip in yhe mail soon. post up your pics and see how it does not fit. you thouht you found the answer to the new lip, but your way off...this is my last post to you since i have noticed you are just an envious follwer.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Nothing like a little assinine motivation.. Trust me.. you will see a front lip spoiler my car.. Try real hard to real in a sucker for yours because when (not if) it is found it will be common forum knowledge.. I love being challenged. It's a real driving force. Friend of mine works at a used car lot and my son and I could easily make a "father son" outting of measuring front ends.

Quick Reply: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...