General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Skreem module installation ???

Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skreem module installation ???

Does anyone have a step by step guide to install a skreem module for a 04 crossfire .? Or any links .?

Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Default Re: Skreem module installation ???

Originally Posted by jpeez20
Does anyone have a step by step guide to install a skreem module for a 04 crossfire .? Or any links .?
I do not have picks. But what you do is remove the nuts then get a small gear puller to remove the wiper arms (yes on mine at least they are were on that tight) Then undo the torques/sp? bolts along the front of the panel under the wiper arms (just kind of pulls out of a gasket at the windshield) them right about the center of the firewall you will see what looks like a horn pointing up (cant mis it)

This is what I did to get the stupid thing to shut up. I just unplugged mine and never went back to replace it. Mine went bad three and a half states from home, figured if I replaced it I was just setting myself up for that again. Search under skreem and you may find a better description of how to do this. Have fun.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by ZORRO
I do not have picks. But what you do is remove the nuts then get a small gear puller to remove the wiper arms (yes on mine at least they are were on that tight) Then undo the torques/sp? bolts along the front of the panel under the wiper arms (just kind of pulls out of a gasket at the windshield) them right about the center of the firewall you will see what looks like a horn pointing up (cant mis it)

This is what I did to get the stupid thing to shut up. I just unplugged mine and never went back to replace it. Mine went bad three and a half states from home, figured if I replaced it I was just setting myself up for that again. Search under skreem and you may find a better description of how to do this. Have fun.
These instructions put you on the wrong side of the firewall, the SKREEM module is under the dash inside the car.
The instructions are in the Shop Manual, to be found here.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post111722

Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you think you need a skreem module? And if you do replace it it has to be reprogrammed with a DRB III scan tool with the secret code that's programed into the skreem that's in your car now.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
These instructions put you on the wrong side of the firewall, the SKREEM module is under the dash inside the car.
The instructions are in the Shop Manual, to be found here.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post111722
Yup, it sure is. I posted how to make it stop skreeming at you. Sorry I should have made that more clear. Thanks for the catch onehundred80.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

You have started three threads in the General section, this is the wrong place. The forum description is about General topics not Crossfire topics. If this thread goes through the new posts list too quickly it will be ignored.
PS whatever happened to the $3,000 bill? We like feedback on here. WIN module?

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 AM

Oh sorry about that..well chrysler told me that I needed a win module and new key ..so I began ordering parts as soon as they told me this because I haven't had my car in a month. The win module is the same as the skreem module ..just another word for it. Win means wireless ignition node ..either way my car isn't starting ad I wanted to see if there was someone outside of chrysler who would fix this ..but everyone says no. Hopefully its just the win module and nothing else ...only had the car for 2 weeks ..lucky me. The diagnoses from chrysler was that I needed those two parts skreem and a new key ..so we will find out tomm.if this is true. Everything turns on in my car but the engine..

Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 PM

Did this fix the problem mate?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:35 PM

Am i anywhere near it? To the right is the assembly