Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Location of Illumination control module??? Help please ...

Old 12-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of Illumination control module??? Help please ...

When i start my car up and press the brake to put it in gear the BAS/ESP light comes on. it is also causing my brake lights not to work. i was told this could be a problem with the illumination control module. Is this True???

and where is the module located ??????

Old 12-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Default Re: Location of Illumination control module????? Help please ........

Some may get this confused with our brake lamp (illumination) control module. Looks like you dont have a roadster though so im assuming this is not the case. We've never had a problem like that at all.

Hope you get it taken care of. good luck!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Houston1
When i start my car up and press the brake to put it in gear the BAS/ESP light comes on. it is also causing my brake lights not to work. i was told this could be a problem with the illumination control module. Is this True???

and where is the module located ??????
I just had the brake lights stop working in my car. Was able to trace it to a relay under the hood. Under the hood, drivers side, against the firewall is a black fuse box. Remove both covers, so that you are open to see the two relays towards the firewall. Mine were original, the one towards the outside of the car was black and the one towards the inside was yellow. The yellow one on mine was making a clicking sound, so I replaced it with one from O'Reilly for $16, and problem fixed. Granted I didn't have the warning light come on, but it still sounds like a possible cause.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by MI6_007
I just had the brake lights stop working in my car. Was able to trace it to a relay under the hood. Under the hood, drivers side, against the firewall is a black fuse box. Remove both covers, so that you are open to see the two relays towards the firewall. Mine were original, the one towards the outside of the car was black and the one towards the inside was yellow. The yellow one on mine was making a clicking sound, so I replaced it with one from O'Reilly for $16, and problem fixed. Granted I didn't have the warning light come on, but it still sounds like a possible cause.

thank you for the help. When were you hearing the clicking sound?? when you turned on the car???

Old 12-26-2008, 02:55 PM

THANKS A MILLION!!!!! I I bought that brake light relay at O Reily!!! FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MI6_007

YOU DA MAN!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Location of Illumination control module??? Help please ...

Awesome!!! Glad I could help!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Default Re: Location of Illumination control module??? Help please ...

Hi. But that's the brake lamp relay. Isn't there also an "Illumination Control Module"? With it's own series of fuses in it? Where is that?